Inbix'17: Indian Conference on Bioinformatics 2017
Birla Institute of Scientific Research
Jaipur, India, November 7-9, 2017
|Abstract registration deadline||June 30, 2017|
|Submission deadline||August 31, 2017|
About the conference: Research in the fields of bioinformatics and systems biology has gained momentum within the Indian subcontinent over the last several years. As we say “ome” to the next cloud of bioinformatics, technologies such as next generation sequencing (NGS) have ushered an exciting phase in the omic technologies shadowed by systems biology and synthetic biology approaches. The facets of bioinformatics are wide and so are the strategies for leveraging it. Indian bioinformatics community is pretty large and loaded with impeccable research. It is time we all joined hands together to discuss the “I” in Indian bioinformatics spectrum. Having brought several virtual conferences and events together with Bioinformatics.org on bioinformatics to the sub-continent, Bioclues.org announces the Indian Conference on Bioinformatics (Inbix’17). We, the international conference organizers hope this opportunity will not only foster interactions and collaborations among practitioners but will also allow young researchers interact with the world leaders, who are among the top researchers in the bioinformatics and computational biology. While we spur on this annual event, the organizers welcome all bioinformaticists across the world to take part in this august conference which would be held in the joyous pink city, Jaipur.
- Systems Biology
- Functional Genomics
- Next Generation Sequencing and Data Analysis
- Integration of algorithms
- Drug Design and Structural Biology
- Synthetic Biology
- Health and Medical Informatics
- Big Data
- Patron: Purnendu Ghosh*
- Organizing Secretary: M Krishna Mohan*
- Joint organizing Secretary: Pooran Singh Solanki*
- Program chairs: Prashanth Suravajhala* and Sundar Durai
- Program co-chairs: Vishal Acharya and Tiratha Raj Singh
- Honorary chairs: Shoba Ranganathan and Christian Schonbach
- Ideation challenge chairs: Khader Shameer and VS Sundararajan
- Tutorial chairs: Pritish Varadwaj and Partha Sarathi Das
- Poster chairs: Raj Kumar Gothwal* and Raghavender Upadhyayula*
- Poster co-chairs: Surendra Nimesh* and Rajib Bandyopadhyay
- Women in Biology chairs: Sampat Nehra* and Manika Sehgal
- Women in Biology co-chairs: Pragya Chaturvedi* and Renuka Suravajhala*
- Publication chairs: Ragothaman Yennamalli and Jeff Bizzaro
- Publication co-chairs: Pugalenthi Ganesan and Vijai Singh
- Industry Liaison: Harpreet Singh and Sivaramaiah Nallapeta
Program sub-committee (PsC)
- Finance chairs: Alok Varshney* and Saumyadip Sarkar
- Local Advisory Chairs: S Sinha Roy* and MP Puniya*
- Outreach chairs: MohanKumar Megha and Nagarajan Raju
- Hospitality chairs: Narendra Meena* and Vishnu Natani*
- Student Liaison: Girik Malik and Ankush Bansal
- Social activity chairs: Shweta Shrotriya* and Nidhi Gupta*
- Registration desk: Sonal Gupta* and Urvashi Vijay*
- Technical chairs: Radhakishan Meghwanshi* and Manish Agarwal*
- Technical co-chairs: SD Tiwari* and Abhishek*
* Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Temple SMITH, Boston University
- Thomas Sicheritz-PONTEN, Technical University of Denmark
- Alfredo BENSO, Politecnico di Turin, Italy
- Alok BHATTACHARYA, JNU, Delhi
- Saikat CHAKRABORTY, IICB, Kolkata
- Michael GROMIHA, IIT, Madras
- PB Kavi KISHOR, OU, Hyderabad
- Madhan MOHAN, DBT, Government of India
- Raja MUGASIMANGALAM, Genotypic Technology, Bangalore
- HA NAGARAJARAM, University of Hyderabad
- Kamalraj PARDASANI, MANIT, Bhopal
- GPS RAGHAVA, IIIT, Delhi
- Narahari SASTRY, IICT, Hyderabad
- R SOWDHAMINI, NCBS, Bangalore
- N SRINIVASAN, IISc, Bangalore
- Jayaraman VALADI, University of Pune
- Rajeev VARSHNEY, ICRISAT, Hyderabad
*Alphabetic order of surnames
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Please download the template for your submission from here. For reviews, you may skip material and methods, results and discussions. The following paper categories are welcome:
- Oral presentations: All abstracts intended for oral presentations are welcome with a detailed summary of no less than 2 pages. The extended abstract must contain the following sub-heads: Rationale/Motivation, Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions. Select abstracts will be invited for full length paper submission.
- Ideation/coding challenge: This call will be open in June where the enthusiasts are welcome to bring their wrappers/code as a submission. For those who are not coders, they can come up with an ideation as a proposal. Please stay tuned.
- Tutorial/workshop: Proposals are invited from researchers across sub-domains of bioinformatics. The taught programme should detail the target audience, duration (maximum 3 hours) and the prerequisites.
- Video Abstracts: A novel way of describing your research. The video abstract muct concisely describe your work in no less than 3 minutes. Please hash tag #inbix2017 your abstract to the Inbix'17 Vimeo group and submit your abstract through easy chair.
- Posters/stub talks: All poster abstracts will follow the same as described in oral presentations. Select posters will be invited for short stub talks
- Elevator pitch: All participants will be encouraged to introduce their project in 30 seconds each.
- Panel discussions: We are inviting a few proposals for panel discussions that could last for 45 minutes. Please come up with a proposal along with the abstract and list of potential speakers.
The call for full papers describing the format shall be linkedout in May 2017 when we have a select list of accepted papers. Those which pass the peer-review shall be recommended for publications in conference proceedings.
Very important: All authors are requested to follow strict guidelines/format whence submitting their papers. All papers must be submitted through easychair. Please click here to submit
|Registration/Submission opens||March 4, 2017|
|Early Bird Registration deadline||April 30, 2017|
|Submissions close||August 31, 2017|
|Conference dates||November 7-9, 2017|
|Publication Proceedings||December 18, 2017|
|Type*||Before April 30, 2017||After April 30, 2017|
|Students incl. Postdocs/
|ISCB/Bioclues members||10% discount||5% discount|
*Group registration discount of 10% is applicable to those who are at least 5 or more. Please e mail inbixATbiocluesDOTorg for details.
Please register in three simple steps
3. Please e mail your screenshot/transaction details to inbixATbiocluesDOTorg to reconfirm. Please expect a receipt by snail mail.
A few travel grants are available for the student delegates. The best abstracts shall be screened and invited. Please stay tuned.
A select few publications in the form of Inbix'17 proceedings will be published in International Journal of Bioinformatics Research and Applications, Bio-protocol and Biorxiv.org. We are in touch with a couple more journals. The idea here is NOT to publish in mere high impact journals but also promote the research. Please stay tuned for news.
Venue: The conference will be held in the main auditorium of Birla Institute of Scientific Research, Jaipur. For more details about the history of auditorium, please click here
Jaipur City: Call it 'Joy'pur. Want to know more about the city? What else could be the best? Here is the wikipedia page
Dress code: The delegates are requested to be in formal dress code. While the auditorium is air-conditioned, you might expect cold breeze early November. Please come along with light woolen.
Travel: Jaipur is well connected by air from all metropolitan cities. There are good number of convenient flights all through (8 kms from venue/hotels). Delegates coming by rail can opt to get down at Jaipur city station (3 kms from venue/hotels).
Hotels: To those who are not invitees, you are requested to book accomodation yourself. For others, we have made specific arrangement at the various hotels/hostels enlisted here. Please get your booking done to avoid last minute rush. Please use discounted code: INBIX whence booking to get a good deal.
- Hotel Park Prime: **** (400 m away)
- Hotel Le Grand : *** (1.2 km away)
- Raghuvansh Guest House: *** (900 m away)
- Roadhouse#: Student Hostel (1.1 km away)
Social events: Certainly a travelers' destination, the LOC have set up a good social activity for you. You will not miss this! Please watch out this space.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to an alias inbixATbiocluesDOTorg
Coming up! How can we miss acknowledging them? ;-)